Southern Africa Information Access, Inc.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE TODAY'S NEWS-Links
The Africa in WashingtonWeb site attempts to provide a resource to Africans in Sub-Saharan Africa and Africanists elsewhere to identify and locate the hundreds of African-oriented and Africa-concerned entities in the greater Washington DC area.
We offer a Parliamentary Information resource (SPI) and the SAIA Directory with a special emphasis on the US Government programs and interests in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Our purpose is to assist those who want to stay in touch with:
Articles contributed by scholars, specialists and journalists examine key Africa issues, with an emphasis on the politics and economics of U.S.-Africa ties. The web site database includes a wide range of materials on:
- Information and commentary on the latest Africa policy debates;
- Congressional committee activity;
- Legislation on issues of concern to Africa;
- Official and state visits;
- Ambassadorial appointments;
- Other policy-relevant matters.
Links are provided to other relevant databases, such as the State Department human rights reports on African countries and Africa data at the U.S. Agency for International Development.
- Africa and U.S.-Africa relations;
- Links to calendars of upcoming Africa events in Washington;
- Reviews and ordering information on Africa-related reports from the World Bank, NGOs, and other organizations;
- A directory of Africa-related organizations in Washington;
- A current list of all African ambassadors and the addresses of their embassies.
Central to our effort is a goal to keep the listings and commentary as up-to-date as possible and to qualify dated material for archival value it may have. This will make it possible for users of the Africa in Washington web site to get the information needed in the shortest amount of time and with efficient effort.
The effectiveness of this effort depends in large part on the feedback, updates, corrections and additions of the Africa in Washington web site user.